Ag & Rural Affairs Committee
The Ag & Rural Affairs Committee (AGR) acts as an advisory committee to the Plan Commission. The AGR Committee shall:
- Study the potential future of agriculture in Fitchburg.
- Develop and recommend policies to promote sustainable and economically viable agriculture in Fitchburg.
- Recommend areas to be preserved for agriculture, if any.
- Study and recommend any potential compensation to landowners in areas designated for agricultural preservation.
- Take action on any items referred to it by the Plan Commission or the Common Council.
- Make recommendations on all rezoning requests in which any property zoned A-T or A-X outside the Urban Service Area is being considered.
2013 Meeting Schedule:
|January 15||February19||March 19||June 18|
|July 16||August 20||November 19||December 17|
May 18 - City of Fitchburg Agriculture Past and Present Bike Tour (click here for more information)