Urban Forestry Management Plan
The overriding goals of the Urban Forestry Management Plan and the Division of Urban Forestry focus on planning, preserving and maintaining the urban forest to ultimately benefit the residents of the city.
The strategic goals are:
- To preserve and maintain selected wooded areas, vegetative cover, streams, ponds, natural drainage ways, and other natural resources in and around the city.
- To encourage the planting and maintenance of trees within public parks and open spaces to ensure the heath of the City’s urban forest.
- To efficiently manage the publicly owned urban landscape to provide a better quality of life for our citizens and visitors.
- To maximize the environmental and psychological benefits of the publicly owned urban forest, while enhancing both landscape and property values.
- To maintain or improve the quality of the water resources in the city.