The Park Commission meets the first Thursday of every month at 7:00 pm. It consists of one Alderperson and six citizen members who serve staggered three-year terms.
The powers and duties of the Park Commission include the following:
- To review proposed plats and subdivisions and determine the size and location of any required parkland dedications or reservations or fees-in-lieu of dedication.
- To prepare and recommend to the Common Council master plans for the City's park system as well as for individual parks or sites.
- To review and monitor City parks and recreational programs and recommend changes or additions thereto.
- To review and report to the Common Council on ordinances or proposals involving use of City parks and the City Community Center.
- To adopt, subject to Common Council direction, policies and procedures for rental and operation of the City park system and Community Center.
- To oversee the operation of all City owned cemeteries.