Economic Development Organizations and Partners
The Collaboration Council, formed in the summer of 2004, is a regional economic development effort comprised of a cross-section of leaders from the business, government, education, and non-profit communities.
The goal is to grow the Wisconsin Capital Region’s economy in ways that preserve and enhance the quality of life.
Madison Region Economic Partnership (MadREP)
MadREP three overarching objectives are to:
1. Grow the Wisconsin Capital Region's economy by target industry sectors based on our assets.
2. Be a catalyst for addressing major quality of life issues.
3. Build a region by building a regional culture, regional decision-making, and raise awareness of our regional assets and opportunities.
The mission of the Wisconsin Governor's Business Plan Contest (BPC) is to encourage and educate entrepreneurs on the creation, start-up and early-growth stages of high-growth businesses within the state of Wisconsin.
This will be accomplished by linking entrepreneurs pursuing high-growth opportunities with access to a statewide network of community resources, expert advice, high-quality education, management talent and capital at every stage of development.
The BPC competition will provide a venue for feedback from mentors (successful entrepreneurs, business leaders, academia and investors) on ideas and plans submitted, and will recognize the most promising entrepreneurs and their ideas.
BPC participants have the chance to win seed capital and valuable services, such as office space, legal and accounting help, consulting and other services that can help launch or grow your business. Twelve finalists will be awarded cash and in-kind prizes with a total value approaching $100,000.
For more information, please visit the Governor's Business Plan Contest website at govsbizplancontest.com
FNET (Fitchburg New Economy Team)
The City of Fitchburg unveiled a major economic development initiative called the Fitchburg Technology Neighborhood. The Fitchburg New Economy Team will help to implement that vision.
This team will assist in identifying and recommending policies as well as cultivate a relationship between government and business that will create a positive environment and partnerships in order to foster technology industry growth. They will promote partnerships between the private sector, government, and education.
- To ensure the leading edge infrastructure required for high technology companies is in place to provide a competitive location advantage.
- To establish a brand image for Fitchburg that will market our City as a location for technology companies and the workforce they need.
- To secure the necessary public and private capital need to successfully finance the infrastructure, research, marketing and business development activities in the Fitchburg Technology Neighborhood.
- To foster positive relationships and networks that will enhance the development of the Fitchburg Technology Neighborhood.
FNET Members and Industry Represented
- Jason Adamany, Chairman, Technology
- Jim Anderson, Plan Commission
- Julia Arata-Fratta, Latino Chamber of Commerce
- Deb Archer, Tourism
- Becky Baumbach, CEDA
- Richard Bloomquist, Fitchburg Common Council President
- Bill Buglass, Maunufacturing
- Pam Christenson, Energy
- Glenn Chung, Marketing
- Roger Cohee, Agriculture
- Bryan Esch, Legal
- Cheryl Gain, Co-chair, Research
- Mark Hamilton, Health Care
- Jim Jermain, Communications
- Steven Leverentz, Fitchburg Chamber of Commerce, Visitor and Business Bureau
- Jim McNulty, Finance
- Dan Mohs, Manufacturing
- Pat O'Brien, Agriculture
- Tina Root, Education-Regional
- Pat Schramm, Workforce
- Tom Shellander, Intellectual Property
- Arlene Silvera, Education-Local
- John Suggs, Education-Neighborhood
- Phil Sveum, Real Estate
- Tom Thayer, Construction
- Sachin Tuli, Education-Research
- Trevor Twose, Science
- Troy Ullman, Science
For more information contact:
Michael Zimmerman, Economic Development Director, (608) 270-4245
Tony Roach, City Administrator, (608) 270-4209
Joyce Frey, Economic Development Specialist, (608) 270-4246